This essay asks you to choose a topic we have discussed in this class and comparethe experiences, histories, or productions of two of the groups we have focused on this semester–African Americans, Asian Americans, Latin@s, Native Americans—with regard to that topic. Some topics might include:
- Relationship to the founding of the US
- Stereotypes and/or the media
- Activism and social movements
- The arts (music, literature, etc.)
Some questions you may wish to consider: How has this issue affected these two groups differently? How has this issue highlighted differences and/or commonalities between the groups? How have these two groups responded to this issue? Your answer should draw on class readings, films, and lectures and should not require outside research.
A successful paper will have the following elements:
- A clear argument that states the topic and provides a clear comparison between the two groups being discussed.
- At least two quotations, properly cited using MLA citation style, from the assigned readings. (You may, of course, include more than one.)
- At least one reference to one of the lectures.